At Chartbeat, we offer three distinct types of alerts to keep you in the loop about your website’s traffic: Drop Alerts, Spike Alerts, and 30 Day High Alerts. Here's a comprehensive guide on how you can sign up for these alerts and choose your preferred notification method via email, text, or Slack message.
Understanding the Alert Types
- Spike Alerts: These alerts are crucial for content management and marketing strategies. You're notified when there's a sudden increase in traffic to a specific page, allowing you to react swiftly, perhaps even before a story or content goes viral. Check out the following article to learn more about how Spike Alerts are calculated.
- 30 Day High Alerts: Similar to Spike Alerts, these notify you of significant traffic increases, helping you understand and leverage trends effectively.
- [NEW] Drop Alerts: Ideal for identifying potential problems early. You’ll be notified if there’s an unexpected drop in your Site’s traffic. Check out the following article to learn more about how Drop Alerts are calculated.
Step-by-Step Sign-Up Process:
Step 1: Accessing the Alert Dashboard
First, log in to your Chartbeat account. Once logged in, navigate to the Settings area of the product and find the ‘Alerts’ section. This is your control center for setting up and managing alerts.
Step 2: Choosing Your Alert Type
In the Alerts section, you'll see options for the three types of alerts. Select the one(s) that fits your needs.
Step 3: Configuring Alert Settings
After selecting an alert type, you'll need to configure its settings. This might involve selecting a site and certain levels at which to trigger alerts.
Step 4: Selecting Notification Methods
Now, choose how you wish to receive these alerts. The options include:
- Email: Receive alerts directly in your inbox. Ideal for keeping a record and easy access from any device.
- Text Message: For immediate notifications on the go, text messages are perfect. Ensure your mobile number is updated in your profile.
- Slack Message: If your team uses Slack for communication, this is a great way to receive alerts directly in your workspace. Slack is not available for 30 day high alerts.
You can select one or more methods per alert type based on your preference.
Tips for Managing Alerts
- Regular Updates: Periodically review and adjust your alert settings to match the evolving needs of your website.
- Integration with Workflow: Ensure that the chosen method of receiving alerts aligns with your daily workflow for maximum efficiency.